Thursday 1 March 2007

Comms Race: Simon Douglas


Although I have a vast experience of work in the Union and the Media Group, I strongly believe that the candidate who wins should have the best policy, and I believe that person is me:
Media Group: It should be easier for people to get involved in the Media Group, so I will foster closer co-ordination between the different branches; I will use the Media Group Forum to produce a long term plan for LSESU media.
Website: I want to form a team of students - who may be paid - for keeping the website updated and relevant on a day-to-day basis, while the Comms officer retains overall control and responsibility.
Campaigns: Once campaigns have been mandated by the UGM - indicating that the Union cares about them - I will follow up on these with material support, using my design skills to produce booklets, leaflets, flyers and more.
Marketing: I will create a Societies’ Forum for different societies to share best practice in gaining sponsorship; I will lobby potential sponsors early in the Summer, before most societies and other Unions are able to speak to these companies and their graduate recruitment budgets are allocated away from the LSE; I will operate a preferential pricing policy for ethical companies and those we don’t usually see sponsoring and advertising around the LSESU - making the LSE environment more diverse and stimulating; I will produce an AU handbook, with the AU Comms Officer, for Freshers’ Week so that new students are more likely to get involved with sports.
Accountability: I will mandate myself to explain exactly what I’ve done with each of these pledges - and more - at the UGM, meaning I will have to follow through on every promise.
Simon Says… Vote Simon Douglas for Comms.

No comments: