Thursday 1 March 2007

Comms Race: Dan Sheldon


I'd like to be your Communications Officer because I believe I have the combination of political activism and technical competency this Union needs.
TURN ON AN SU CAMPAIGNING FOR YOU
There is a strong campaigning tradition at LSE, and this works best when the goals are practical, achievable and will make a real difference to the world around us. I have a proven track record of social justice campaigning: Living Wage, TfL student discounts and keeping the cap on top-up fees. I believe the SU should be at the forefront of student activism at LSE, and as Comms offer this will be a priority.
TURN ON A FUN & ACTIVE STUDENT LIFE
I see the role of Comms - and the SU in general - as overseeing all student activity on campus, whether that be Badminton, Brazilian Society or the Beaver. I will make it my business to make sure you have a fun time at LSE by letting you know what's on and co-ordinating events around campus. The keys to this will be comprehensive society training, an easy to digest events guide and a proper website for the AU.
TURN ON SMARTER & GREENER TECHNOLOGY
We could harness new technologies like blogs, wikis and social networks to make the SU run more efficiently, use less paper and make promotion easier for society events. I want to lobby the School on technological issues such as increasing our email inbox size, upgrading WebCT and using more open source software. As a professional web developer, I admit that I am a bit of a geek but with my knowledge and the SU's bargaining power, we can make a practical difference to our day-to-day student experience.
Please email d.j.sheldon@lse.ac.uk for a full manifesto.
VOTE SHELDON: TURN THE UNION

No comments: